Langtang trek is one of the most interesting and adventurous treks in Nepal. This trek blesses you with wonderful views of mountain peaks and delightful alpine green forests. The Langtang Valley trek takes place inside the beautiful Langtang region, inside Langtang National Park. The Langtang Trek starts with a wonderful bus ride into the laps of hills. You will then trek for 7 days in the Langtang region exploring Langtang Village, Lama Hotel and gumba like Kynging Gompa.
Best Time for Langtang Valley Trek
Autumn (September, October, and November) and Spring (March, April, and May) are the most popular seasons for trekking to Langtang Valley Trek. Winter (December, January, February) and summers (June, July, and August) have their own advantages.
With clear mornings, low precipitation, smaller wind speed, and clear views of the mountains, autumn and spring are the best seasons for the Langtang Valley Trek.
As the Langtang Valley trek is low altitude trek, you can spend some quality time in the Langtang valley in the winter. Winter season will give you solitude, off-season discounts as well as the best view of the mountains.
You can also complete the Langtang valley trek in the summer season as long as you accommodate for the possibility of rain and are well geared for the trek.
Day 01: Kathmandu to Dhunche Drive ( 1960 m/6430 ft ) 7 hour drive
Day 02: Trek to Thulo Syabru
Day 03: Trek to Lama Hotel (2,420 m/7939 ft) 5 – 6 hrs
Day 04: Trek to Langtang village (3,430 m/ 11253 ft) 5 – 6 hrs walk.
Day 05: Trek to Kyngin Gompa (3,850 m/ 12631 ft) 3 – 4 hrs
Day 06: At Kyngin Gompa for local hike and exploration.
Day 07: Trek to Lama Hotel (2,420 m/ 7939 ft) 6 – 7 hrs walk.
Day 08: Trek to Syabrubesi (1,460 m/4790 ft) 4 – 5 hrs walk.
Day 09: Drive to Kathmandu 6 hrs journey.
Langtang Trek Difficulty
Even if you are moderately fit, you can complete the Langtang valley trek quite easily. The low altitude gains in this trek and the short trekking time makes this trek a moderately difficult trek.
You will be trekking for only 6 days in the Langtang valley trek. The trek starts from an altitude of 1400 meters and takes you to the highest altitude of 3870 meters in Kyanjin Gompa. During the optional hike, you can also trek to Kyanjin Ri (4350 meters).
The altitude you will gain in this trek is also quite low. The trekking trails are also safe and easy to trek.
As this trek is moderately difficult, you don’t have to do vigorous exercise for a long period of time before trekking. However, a few months of preparation makes it really easy to complete the trek.
Main Attractions of Langtang Valley Trek
- Tour of UNESCO World Heritage Sites like Durbar Squares, Pashupatinath temple etc. in Kathmandu
- The scenic bus ride from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi and back.
- Visit the first Himalayan national park of Nepal- Langtang National Park
- Explore the valley of glaciers- Langtang valley.
- Spend quality time in quaint villages like Syabrubesi, Ghore-Tabela, etc.
- Astonishing views of Langtang-Ri, Langsisa, Langtang Himal, and Ganjala peak.
- A chance to catch sights of flora and fauna of Langtang regions like red pandas, monkeys, and bears
- Learn the culture of Tibetan Buddhism
- Visit Buddhist shrines like Langtang Gompa and Kyanjin Gompa
- Climb Kyanjin Ri (4350 meters).