Home Stay at Bandipur
The Great Adventure Treks & Expeditions trip to Bandipur is one of the new emerging destinations of Nepal in the form of community-based tourism which reserves a splendid variety of natural and socio cultural diversity crammed in its small area. Bandipur hill town is located in Bandipur VDC, Tanahun district, southern corner of Gandaki zone, which is surrounded in Mahabharata range. It is situated south of the Prithivi highway midway between Pokhara and Kathmandu. It is strategically located about 143 km west of Kathmandu and 74 km south east of Pokhara and 7 km of south above form Dumre Bazaar of Prithivi highway. A new concept, called eco-tourism, has emerged as a responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment and sustains the well being of local people. The global tourism patterns have prompted adventure tourists and eco-tourists to visit new area and spend liberally to new destinations.
Bandipur is tourist paradise. This place offers varieties of attractions to the visitors.
• I t is a Nature gifted and nature paradise over looking the incredible expanse of Marshyandi river which cascades and takes a sharp turn eastward on its way to join the Trishuli river at Mug ling.
• Located in central areas of mixed canopy of pine and Sal forest and lush terraced fields.
• It offers a breath-taking sweep of the Himalayan range from Lang tang in the east to Dhawalagiri in the west.
• From nearby hilltops one can see as far as Manakamana and Gorkha to the east great Chitwan plains to the south.
• Surrounded in Mahabharat mountain range the view of Chimkeswari (one of the highest hills of Nepal) in the southeast and Mukundeshwari hill in the west of Bandipur equally contributes the beauty of Bandipur.
• The view of glorious sunshine and sunset from Tundikhel and Gurungche hill makes a wonderful scene to tourists.
• Diversity of flora and fauna of Bandipur VDC offers more than 200 species of forest plants, 70 species of birds, 35 species of wild life.
• Siddha cave (probably the biggest cave in Asia) 18 feet width and 50 feet high situated north of Bandipur create wonderful adventure. After entrance to huge and dark where numerous sub trails, gorge and holes created by waterfalls, rock cliffs carved in different magical figures, deep wide and long size of cave attracts the tourists. One can study stalagmite structure. It is said that this cavern has not been fully explored.
• Another mysterious cave called “Patalidwar” (a gateway to hell) which holds religious significance for the locals is waiting for tourists to explore the geological marvel.
• Similarly Rock climbing at very steeply slopes and high rocky steeps, delightful eco trekking routes and sight seeing by walks are other exciting adventures stored in Bandipur.
As a socio cultural diversity, Bandipur is an ancient Newari mountain town, untouched by modernization and local with an abundance of ancient houses, temples of great significance and architecture. This medieval era town boasts festival all year round, besides a plethora of cultural offerings, Neighboring Magar, Gurung, Brahmin, Chetri, Damai and Sarki villages all contribute the cultural diversity of region.
On the basis of tourist views like the popular trend of home stay at villages with good culture and hospitality of Bandipur, various folklore and tribal dances as “Ghatu Nach”“Rodhi”,“Chudka”, “Balun”,“Maruni” etc. Virtually, one who reaches Bandipur once never forgets to visit twice and thrice because of its heavenly peculiarities thus, these all sums of specialties really remain as a treasure for us to discover the hidden treasure of the earth.
* Green trekking with trek competition
* Sight seeing and Himalayas view
* Briefing and orientation by tourism experts
* Typical and Exotic cultural dances, songs and foods
* Fire camps
* Homes stay in typical home with hospitality
* Cave exploration with experienced nature guides/geologists
* Rock climbing, cycling
* Interaction with local culture, society and organizations
* Historical and ancient Newari civilization
* Temples/religious heritage visits
* Wildlife, bird watching and vegetation
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing around Kathmandu UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Day 03: Drive to Bandipur.
Day 04: Bandipur exploration day
Day 05: Visit famous Siddha Cave and hike Ramkot Village and Bandipur village.
Day 06: Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 07: Departure Day